Monday, December 24, 2012

Tough Times Breed a Better Us

Somewhere in the last two years I allowed life's circumstances steal my joy and positivity. It was recently brought to my attention by someone who couldn't know me better, whom I greatly value their opinion of me, that I'm not the positive girl they once knew. They're right. I don't really know when it happened, but it wasn't one thing specifically. Just a series of events that aren't special to me by any means, that I wasn't equipped to handle and instead gave away my positive attitude and joy. Instead I let a spirit of fear set foot and allowed my behavior to be less then stellar. It's not who I am. I have WAY too much good in my life to be afraid or negative.

I have more then your average joe to be grateful and positive for and starting today I am going to be. I apologize to those I've hurt with my negativity and grateful for those that have put up with me unconditionally.

Things I'm positive about today:
1. My health. I am physically strong and capable of nearly anything I set my mind to. I have had opportunities to learn a great deal about taking care of my self and improve my health and look forward to continuing this journey.
2. My mind. I'm smart and appreciate my emotional intelligence and ability to relate to others.
3. My family. I have a huge family that I adore. My siblings are nothing short of amazing and I am beyond blessed to be the oldest of the 6 of us. They each have hilarious, unique personalities and make me smile constantly. I am proud of them more then I have words to describe.
4. I have parents that no matter what are there for me. I am thankful for the work ethic that my parents instilled in me and gave me a drive to become a successful adult.
5. I have an incredible amount of friends. More then I deserve or am worthy of. I have friends that I can sit quietly with and they understand me 300%. I have friends that encourage me and are constant streams of supportive words. I have friends that when we're together...we're non-stop laughter and fun, and I have a multitude of friends that I have no doubt would take a bullet for me.
6. I have two jobs that I am good at. Although at times I'm not thrilled about them, I have a job and I don't hate them. I am paid well and appreciated for the work that I do.
7. I have known love beyond what some people experience in a lifetime.
8. Baseball is just over 3 months away. :P

Off to enjoy an evening with my loved ones!! <3









No comments:

Post a Comment