I was early for work this afternoon, so I pulled into Penn Lake and sat at the beach. Getting lost in my thoughts and listening to God, when I felt Him ask me... "Why do you let people who don't know who they are...or who I am for that matter, tell you who you are? Especially when I've already told you who you are?"
So many things over my nearly 31 years ( 12 more days) :) have been spoken over me that I've let seep in and and build mounds of insecurities...
- "You don't know jack shit about the real world Brooke."
- "You must be a shitty counselor."
- You were only an option when you made me your first choice.
- "You're a bad influence."
- You're fat.
- You made me hurt you.
- "Fuck you!"
- You're not welcome here.
- You don't belong.
- "You're a bitch."
- "You're a drama queen."
- Your standards are too high.
- You're annoying.
- I don't need you.
- You won't make it.
- "You're a hypocrite."
Know what I say to that? BULLSHIT! And so does God! Know who He says I am?
- I will not be condemned by God. Whether I'm condemned by others or not, the good and fair judge does not see it that way.
- I have been accepted by Christ and He is proud of who I am. As much as I've wanted to make others proud, their acceptance isn't needed for me to be proud of me.
- I have been set free in Christ. I am not my past. Whether others have forgotten it and judge me for it or not, He has and does not.
- I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.
- I am God’s workmanship created to produce good works. God doesn't make junk...so clearly I'm not a bad influence, a bitch, annoying or worthless.
- The peace of God guards my heart and mind. So although others words may sting for a moment the peace will come and the truth will prevail.
- I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved. I more then belong. I was chosen for this life and my place in this world.
So despite what's been said...I'm gonna keep fighting and I'm standing firm on the truth that my experiences are only shaping me into an even more awesome me...if that's possible. :P
I fight like a girl who refuses to be a victim.
I fight like a girl who's tired of being ignored and humored and beaten and raped.
I fight like a girls who's sick of not being taken seriously.
I fight like a girl who's been pushed too far.
I fight like a girl who offers and demands respect.
I fight like a girl who has a lifetime of anger and strength and pride pent up in her girly body.
I fight like a girl who doesn't believe in fear and submission.
I fight like a girl who knows that this body and this mind are mine.
I fight like a girl who knows that you only have as much power as I grant you.
I fight like a girl who will never allow you to take more than I offer.
I fight like a girl who fights back.
So next time you think you can distract yourself from your insecurities by victimizing a girl, think again.
She may be me and I FIGHT LIKE A GIRL.

No comments:
Post a Comment