Monday, December 10, 2012

1. Incorrectly understood or interpreted. 2. Not appreciated or given sympathetic understanding

mis·un·der·stood

[mis-uhn-der-stoo d] Show IPA
adjective
1.
improperly understood or interpreted.
2.
If you think I'm short and distant, you're probably wrong.  I'm scared and self-preserving. 
If you think I'm pretentious, you're probably wrong.  No one is more critical of me then me. 
If you think I'm angry, you're probably wrong.  I've been angry no more then 3-4x in my life.
If you think I'm mad, you're probably wrong.  I'm sad and breaking inside. 
If you think I'm a quitter, you're probably wrong.  I'll never quit. 
If you think I'm conceited, you're probably wrong.  I'm assertive and stick up for myself. 
If you think I'm crazy, you're probably wrong.  I'm more self aware then most. 
If you think I'm a know it all, you're probably wrong.  I have so very much to learn. 
If you think I think I'm perfect, you're probably wrong.  No one needs more work then I. 
If you think I'm abrupt, you're probably wrong.  I'm just quick to go into protection mode. 
If you think I am defensive, you're probably wrong.  I'm safeguarding my heart. 

If you think I'm compassionate, you've noticed my heart breaks for those hurting. 
If you think that I am loyal, you've noticed If you need me, I'll drop anything for you. 
If you think that I'm loving, you've noticed I'll go to great lengths to show that you're loved. 
If you think that I am strong, you've noticed that despite my hurts, you see me with a smile. 
If you think that I'm expressive, you've noticed that I love to tell you you're special. 
If you think that I'm dedicated, you've noticed I'm authentically devoted. 
If you think that I'm funny, you've noticed I love to make you smile. 
If you think that I'm sensitive, you've noticed my empathy is abounding.
If you think that I'm inquisitive, you've noticed my care is deep and genuine. 
If you think that I am helpful, you've noticed I want to help carry your burden. 
If you think that protective, you've noticed I won't let anyone hurt you. 

I am what you choose to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment