Sunday, December 9, 2012

Made To Crave: "Getting a Plan."

"For years I've looked at other people's flowers and secretly wished for my own lush display. However, the glimpse of this man with his hands digging deep into the Earth brought a new realization. He has a garden because he invests time and energy to make it. He didn't wish it into being. He didn't hope it into being. He didn't just wake up one day and find that garden of glorious blooms had miraculously popped up from the dirt." Nope, he worked for it, made sacrifices for it. With so many things in life, we want results, but we're not super interested in putting in the work required to get the results.

For me, food has become something like a drug, and you know for a good Christian woman, it's a good drug of choice. You know with its lack of hustling, shooting up and pawning my shit that entails with this drug. One would think that it has less negative consequences as well, but I don't know if that's accurate. While although I'm not selling my body for some Doritos, poor choices with food will rat me out every time.

The plan I choose to take to overcome this for me I know cannot be too restrictive. I'll be able to maintain that for only a short while before the quick results no longer outweigh the nice feeling of getting what I desire. I need something that allows for mistakes and is daily life friendly. For me this has always been Weight Watchers. I can choose to eat however I like with this program. There's days where I can throw in the towel so to speak and not stray too far, which allows me to stay on track for the most part and generally make quite good choices. It's something that is easily a lifestyle and rarely feels like a diet. I have returned to points tracking and for this girl, it makes me feel good and in control. It is my food plan for now.

1. What thoughts, images, or emotions do you associate with the word plan? Are you the kind of person who says, "I love it when a plan comes together!" or are you more likely to say, "Plan schman, can't we all just go with the flow?"

I MUST have a plan. Without one I feel out of control in all areas and quickly slide into self destruction.

3. What is the relationship between food and secrets? What secrets do you think your body reveals?

I work out hard, frequently. So CLEARLY food is the issue. Because based on how I workout, I should be where I want to be. I'm done gaining and losing the same 15 lbs over and over and over. I've lost these 15 lbs so many times, I could be well beyond my goal of -42 ten times over. My body will always keep an accurate record of what I'm putting inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment