I need to toughen up, I know. If I am going to be so open about my weight loss goals and what not, I need to expect people are going to think I care about their opinion. But seriously...I shouldn't be shocked at this point, but SO MANY people a) think they are the expert at weight loss, and their way is the ONLY right way, and b) think they are entitled to say the most ridiculous shit!
I cannot tell you the amount of times I have heard "Can you eat that?" or "You're gonna eat all of that?" How about unless I ask, don't concern yourself two bits about what I am going to eat! You have a log in your eye you might want to check out before worrying about my splinter. Another one I really like... "I thought you were on a diet." WTF?!? I thought you weren't tacky too...I guess we were both totally mislead.
Today, I was sharing my food log with someone in conversation, and as a side note...I have done AWESOME with my clean eating the last week. Had like 5 tortilla chips off plan, and a sip of soda, I think I could say that I nailed this week. Anyways...their feedback..."You didn't have an egg for breakfast this morning, why not?" in a totally shaming way. I thought "Are you kidding me? I have lost 6 lbs in 6 days, eating so good, feeling great and excited for my future and you wanna shame me that I didn't eat an egg one out of 6 mornings?" I understand that protein is best for me right away in the morning, yup totally on board with that. However...sometimes despite your best laid plans, it just doesn't work out. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the apple and Greek yogurt that I had instead wasn't a devastating choice.
Anyways...I'm clearly feeling defensive and bitchy today. Point still remains...I'm sick of people's non considerate comments and as a forewarning...if you say stupid crap to me from now on...I'm gonna call you out on it. Just saying.

Brooke, I feel you girl! Anytime you make something public, there is bound to be a few people who act the fool. Trust me, I know. Just keep true to you and all will be OK. This I know too! :) I am proud of you for sticking to your guns and working so hard. Way to go!!
ReplyDelete