So...sitting here just now and had an epiphany of sorts. Background, to sort of cleanse my body of the junk I've been putting in it and get it ready for new healthy choices, I have been allowing myself only my Shakeology, green veggies and lean proteins for the last 3 days. I have done this before and just always feel dang good after. On track, with a clean slate. However, I don't know if I did this in the past with the correct mindset. I think in the past I have secretly thought that day 4 = celebrate with Chipotle, chips, cookies and other crap. So, right now, knowing tomorrow holds day 1 of new really conscious eating, I'm partly excited and partly mourning that tomorrow doesn't hold a throw caution to the wind day for me. Being totally honest here.
Anyways...that wasn't the epiphany though. The ah ha moment was this...I am sitting here thinking "I'm hungry." Next thought..."Chips and salsa sound so yummy right now!" Now unfortunately for me, chips and salsa do not fall under lean protein and/or green veggies as much as I would like, so...that's not an option. So back to feeling hungry...I have a serious PLETHORA of options that do fall into both those categories. And within a split second I think..."None of that sounds that great..." WAIT! Then I thought..."If you're not that hungry for salad, cucumbers, celery, green peppers, delicious grilled chicken, ect., then you must not be THAT hungry to begin with!" That got my mind rolling...how many times in my life have I sat there mindlessly eating crap because I was "hungry?" Reality check time...if you're not hungry enough to eat what's right...then my guess is that you're not truly hungry.
I think that these last three days have been really good for me to really just kind of be super conscious of what I am putting in my body and realize all the times I've treated my body like a freaking garbage can, tossing in crap without giving it any thought. Before those of you who are not super nutrition conscious think I'm getting judgy, know that's the last place I'm coming from. Hell if the shit didn't make me fat, we'd probably be reading about my deep love for chips and queso versus this health crap I'm wasting your time with now. ;)
Anyways...that was my only point. I need to get to a point where I'm not excited for various things because of the food opportunities that are there. I want to get to a place where food is just something I need to continue to live, versus something I live for. That might be a little drastic, but I know I have very distorted thoughts in that area (and many other areas of my life, let's be real) ;) and I am hoping that this new journey will help me with that.
With that being said...who's excited for a little variety starting tomorrow! Don't know if I've ever been so excited for apples, yogurt, green beans and asparagus so much before!! ;) I feel like I'm starting down a really good path of taking care of me again and it feels nice. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment