Monday, June 10, 2013

My Sisters are my Witnesses, Seeing me at My Worst and Best, and Lovingme Anyway

I seriously adore my sisters. Driving home from dropping Kelli Girl off at home tonight, I was just thinking about what amazing little girls they are. They'll always be little girls to me, even if they are 15 and 16 respectively.  They're probably close to thee most important things in life to me. I mean I love all my siblings like crazy, but those two girls hold quite the special place in my heart.

They teach me so much about love, laughter and gratitude on a daily basis.  It amazes me that the three of us can hang out and completely get each other on a level that only sisters can, and the two of them have nothing in common except for me, and that's enough to form an unbreakable bond. Two girls, who have neither a father or mother in common, brought together by a "broken family," to form my most treasured relationships.  They blow me away, the way that two teenage girls can look past the fact that "My father was married to your mother, before either of us were a thought," and just be loving, sweet, silly girls, who form a union in my world that is priceless. 

Beyond their ability to look past family "dysfunction," more then most adults I know, is their ability to be silly and make me constantly laugh. I'd say I have a somewhat rare personality/sense of humor...one that's very innocently bold and particularly inappropriate most of the time, and those two are my perfect match. As we sat in my room tonight, sharing stories of us being virgin sluts and laughing ridiculously...I thought "Only my girls...how I wouldn't change them for the world."  I love that they're both fierce, strong willed, determined, beautiful young women, who care very little about who the world would like them to be and very much about being true to themselves.

As I stood in the parking lot tonight after we got done laughing our way through bootcamp (only getting the "shut up girls" stare from our trainer umpteen times), they jumped into my truck. I wish I could freeze frame the picture I saw as I walked  to my truck and somehow connect how my heart felt. After bonding over inside jokes and making fun of each other, my heart was already full, but to see them laughing, just the two of them, ganging up to pick on me, in a way they could not have possibly learned from me, knowing I had an entire night ahead of me to revel in their love, my heart overflowed.  

Forest Lou and Kelli Girl, I hope you know how deeply loved you are. Beyond words and beyond measure, you two are my everything. Your beauty is astounding and you teach me about what's truly important in life. Thank you for being thee most amazing little girls a big sister could ask for.



No comments:

Post a Comment