Tuesday, September 4, 2012

HOPEFUL!!!!! And stronger!!! :)

Had appointment #1 with my new counselor today! We're a good match I think. We'll see...I have reservations that she's young, but that's just silly!! I'm young and a Counselor. Doesn't make me a bad one. However, she's nice, non-judgemental, gives me grace, encourages self forgiveness and taking care of me, AND...she's a Twins fan, so hello, if nothing else we can talk baseball for an hour each week. I have my second appointment next Wed and am excited. I left with some reservations, but the more I thought of everything, I felt hopeful. Yay!! Something I haven't felt for a while. So I'm pumped. I feel stronger today, not such a mess. I'm excited to get back to a healthy me, so I can be better to the ones I love!! I feel like I could sleep tonight too, so hello...everything's coming up Brooke today! :P

2 comments:

  1. The only advice I can give you, because Ive been through counseling, is to be truthful and honest to yourself and her. If you go in not telling the truth, you'll only end up trying to solve a problem you didn't have until you started counseling. :P
    You took the plunge, now just keep swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS A-Rukus!!! :) Your support means everything to me! Thanks for forging the trail before me. It helps to see someone so happy on the other side! I had a lot of fun last night, and look forward to more BWW dates AND meeting Kym!!!

    ReplyDelete