Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Resolution for Womem - My Forgiveness

Internal Injuries: 
Short section, on an issue that I don't typically struggle with, forgiveness.  However one piece that was written did stick out to me.  "Rather then always spending you time trying to fix others, look deeply and consider what could be festering inside your own heart - what the Bible calls 'root of bitterness' (Hebrews 12:15), growing in the soil of your heart and sprouting buds of resentment that affect every aspect of your life."  I wouldn't say that I am "trying to fix others" per say but rather I'm just a caretaker at times in general and can use this at times to distract myself from the concerns of my heart.  The deeper things that hurt to look at. 

Are you more prone to care for others than to examine and tend to your own spiritual needs?  If so, how does this manifest itself in your life? 

As I mentioned above, I think that it can be a distraction at times from the real issues that I need to address. 

All Clear: 
Insightful short section again.  This section compared God's forgiveness in our life like a delete button on a computer.  That God has pressed the delete key over every sin that we have committed and He, the ultimate ruler, chooses to never recall them again, with no intention of punishing you for them.  So why do we chose non-forgiveness of ourselves?  To say "I can't forgive myself," is actually saying that you don't fully believe that what He did was quite enough, that in some way His forgiveness of us is still inadequate. 

No More Circles: 
Have more internal processing to do on this topic then I am ready to put into words right now (more just because I don't fully understand where I am at), but somethings that were said that resonated with me were that a heart wounded cannot open up either to fully love or receive love.  That remembering those wounds as protection against further wounds only tightens the hard places in our heart that keep us locked in circles.  God will deal with those that hurt us, and deal with them he will, in His own way, in His own time, much better then we ever could.

My Forgiveness:  I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment